Thursday, July 24, 2008

Top 10 Reasons Why I'm Happy To Get Rid of Janice! - from Joy

10 She loves to eat and seeing her enjoy her meal ruins my diet plans.
9 We encourage each other's taxi-when-lazy riding spree.
8 During parties, she's a spaghetti cooking champ, my kaldereta gathers dust.
7 She confuses me with her improvised lyrics.
6 My family loves her so much, it makes me jealous.
5 She's always off location in some exotic foreign country.
4 She'll look for a job for us in Chicago.
3 Free rent and lodging when we tour Chicago!
:
:
Janice and I met each other on the very first day we started working. A month after, she hands me a gift on my birthday. Who does that?
Later on, we both got assigned in Chicago for a year and became housemates. We seized the day and lived life every single day we can.
After Chicago, Janice explored opportunities elsewhere and convinced me to try Singapore CS. I was not interested but she egged on and even took care of revising my resume, submitting it to the recruiter until finally, out of so many candidates, the two of us were chosen. See, it’s her fault I'm in SG!
For the past 4 years, Janice and I have been sharing a roof, the same meals, same friends, and sometimes, even the same bed! We've been so inseparable that it's not very uncommon for people to get suspicious and ask if any of is a butch!
For the past few months, I've been telling myself over and over again that Janice's departure is such a good thing. It's perilous to remain friends with her. Besides, I don't know why Janice and I even jelled in the first place. We're complete opposites. She's kind, gentle and just simply nice. I'm none of those.
Who cares if we've been bestfriends for 8 years? She's been such a wacko anyways! Workaholic too! Good riddance!!!

I can go on with every single day she's here and attempt to convince myself that I need not be lonely she's leaving. I guess I need this to retain my sanity.

Her departure breaks my heart but I won't keep her from leaving. These are the two remaining reasons why I'm happy to get rid of her.

2 Janice, I know you've always wanted this. This is it! Your big dream has finally been conquered!!! Congratulations! I admire your strength, your passion, and courage to pursue your dreams. Gobble up! Leave nothing untouched. Seize the day! I can go on and on but I know you know what I mean. I read some of the blog entries (ooops…hehehe). They all say that you must quit being such a workaholic. I have faith in you. You're now in your zone. I'm sure 'life' will unfold naturally for you.

Janice, I'm way beyond excited . I wish you new friends, fantastic memories, and tons of stories to share. This blog has been created for you to share those stories with us. Make sure you fill it up and make us jealous!

Bon Voyage Sister and Friend!

P.S I think I missed the last reason. Last but not the least…

1 New boys for you to conquer!!! Yipeee!

Love,
Joy

0 comments: